Trinity Hall, Cambridge

Andrew worked as Garden’s Consultant to this Cambridge College over a ten year period (1989-99). Trinity Hall, founded in 1350, essentially consisting of two main garden sites, the beautiful riverside setting in the heart of ‘The Backs’ area and a wonderfully mature landscape set around an Edwardian house alongside recent contemporary architecture.


 

During his period at the College Andrew totally re-designed the gardens at both sites and set to implementing and overseeing this work with the College’s gardening staff. This included a complete re-working of the famous Fellow’s Garden border.

Andrew was fortunate to be at the College during a main phase of new and exciting building development. During this period Andrew worked closely with the College bodies, Architects (MacCormac Jamieson Prichard & Freeland Rees Roberts), Planning Departments and Contractors to secure successful garden retention and development.

 

“Andrew restored the gardens to their former grandeur, redesigning large parts of them. He has an eye for shape, colour and architectural details and an ability to blend the new with the old.”

Sir John Lyons, former Master, Trinity Hall, Cambridge

Back to Projects